Monday, February 15, 2010

In lieu of a camera in Leederville

I had the ultimate bad timing on the weekend. I left the SLR camera at home opting for the less cumbersome point and snap canon only to get to market, fire it up and see the sad little red flashing battery icon. Ah well I thought, never mind, whats one week of missed photos huh... I failed to take into consideration that perhaps a committee of style had been formed, or a facebook group for wicked threads or even tweets about an impromptu gathering of Perth's fashionistas. Some form of planning must have been involved because I was blown away by just how good everyone look. I saw incredible brogue shoes, tailored white linen singlet shirts (so summer), a sculptured castle ring, bold haircuts and vibrant lippie. Of all days to not have a camera siiiiiigh. I briefly toyed with the notion of taking blurry pixelated camera phone pics but in the end I went with inconspicuously sketching some of the lovely ladies when they weren't looking.Sly aint I haha

To provide a little explanation for my scrawling; lovely lady 1 was wearing a gorgeous coral vintage dress with a darling floral pattern. I just lovely how she teamed it with all white accessories and shoes.
Lovely lady 2 was rocking an oh so awesome acid wash skirt with exposed zip. She used one of my favourite tricks and pined a bow to the waist band with a great gold & black button/brooch at its centre.
Lovely lady 3 always looks lovely and is probably my number one Ginger Fox regular. She wore an oversized cotton sleeveless blouse covering her denim cut offs. Heeled boots, heart shaped bag, bangles galore, huge rings and to cap it all off hot pink lipstick.

Lovely Chook 1 went for the naturalist look which I think was a really smart choice as the grey tones from the buildings really made his feathers pop.

P.s. If you recognise yourself, make my day and leave a comment. Im particulary looking forward to hearing from monster chicken :)

2 comments:

The Ginger Fox said...

Thanks Betty its lovely to hear you like my stuff and im very glad you left a comment.
xox

maxxie said...

awww, great sketches! u definitely did the heart-shaped bag justice!!
see u at ze perth markets on sunday!! =D

Post a Comment

Great to hear from you
xox The Ginger Fox