Tuesday, March 23, 2010

Perth's Wild Winter Wonderland

Perth was hit by a huge thunderstorm yesterday afternoon, but then, if your from Perth and reading this then you would already know - and I'm glad you have power to your computer. Apparently 150,000 people lost power; power poles and trees were toppling everywhere, windows were destroyed and huge mudslides swamped houses.Literally millions of dollars of damage occurred in the space of half an hour.




All of the dogs I have owned hate storms, they hide under beds and wimper until it is done, but not Indy the Adventurer! He is one tough little pup. As I watched him bounce from window to window, trying to get a better view of the downpour, I swear I almost heard him declare "BRING IT ON!"




We didn't do too badly at my house. The golf ball sized hail did manage to shoot through the glass louvers in my back room causing a minor, glass ridden flood. Finger's crossed that The Boy's stereo equipment, that was by the window, still works. We were lucky enough to keep the lights on, but not so fortunate with the power to the appliances, which is still down. How am I blogging you ask??
Thanks to my kind neighbour, and a very long extension cord out the window, we have power to the essentials; Fridge, laptop and coffee machine.

5 comments:

Cotton Socks said...

holy moly!
my friend from perth told me it was bad but i didn't think it was this bad!
those are some gnarly hail stones.
its probably the closest perth will get to snow.

The Ginger Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ginger Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ginger Fox said...
This comment has been removed by the author.
The Ginger Fox said...

yeah it was crazy, never seen it this bad. It had a whole end of world vibe too with the roads all covered in leaves, everyone out on the street and the constant sound of sirens. Eerie...and kinda pretty ..

my blog is playing up, that's why there is a billion comments from me.

Post a Comment

Great to hear from you
xox The Ginger Fox