With all style guides, there will be exceptions to thses rules. However, to play it safe and rock this revolving, age old trend - Ankle socks- here's my tips.
- wear them with chunky, strappy heels, ankle boots and flats
- wear lace, whether it be a cute trim or dainty lace socks
- scrunch them down a little
- wear them in neutral shades, this has been huge on all the latest catwalks i.e tan, camel, grey and nude.
- Try out a soft, feminine print.
- wear them with flat sandals
- roll them down
- wear loud, gaudy prints, you'll look clownish
- wear closed shoes with socks in a stark contrasting shade, i.e black and white, red and green. It may looks like you belong in 'Grease'.
- Try and get away with using your sports socks. Thin and light socks are key for this trend.